Here are a few excerpts from an interesting article on digital advertising:
Brands are taking their automated digital ad buying operations in-house, and they’re doing so swiftly
- In-house spend is the fastest growing category in the programmatic ecosystem,
- The movement of programmatic operations in-house will likely be concerning to ad agencies, the traditional stewards of marketers’ advertising creative and media operations.
- Every month, 60 billion ad impressions are purchased through Index
- Since Index services only the sell side, it requires buyers provide more information than usual….which is what allows the categorization.
- The two main categories driving the in-house movement are financial and CPG advertisers
- ad buyers are frustrated with ad agencies’ approach to programmatic.
(Editor’s note: What is Programmatic Direct? One definition: Programmatic direct is a way to automate direct ad buys for set campaigns.)