FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Sunday, February 6, 2022 9:06pm
(Ottawa) – The Ottawa Police Service has made multiple arrests in relation to several enforcement actions related to the ongoing demonstration.
- Two people were arrested on Coventry Rd. for mischief
- Multiple vehicles and fuel have been seized.
- Officers arrested three individuals at Metcalf and Slater for mischief. The investigation is ongoing and updates will follow.
- Two more people were arrested this morning. One person was charged for driving while prohibited and the other for mischief relating to property damage of a downtown business.
- The OPS issued a warning earlier today advising the public that anyone found bringing fuel to the demonstration trucks in red zone could be subject to arrest and charges. This is effective immediately.
- Confederation Park has been fully cleared and fenced.
- More than 100 Highway Traffic Act and other Provincial Offence Notices were issued including excessive honking, driving the wrong way, defective muffler, no seat belt, alcohol readily available and having the improper class of driving licence.
Further updates and charges will follow tomorrow.
There are over 60 criminal investigations so far related to the demonstration. They are primarily for mischief, thefts, hate crimes and property damage.
To date, the Ottawa Police Service has received 100 Ontario Provincial Police officers to assist with Ottawa demonstrations. We thank them and our other policing partners for their continued support.
If you have a news tip or news story, send us an email at email@example.com
More Coverage to come on Freedom Convoy 2022
For more #FreedomConvoy2022 #bearhug #unitycanada coverage follow:
Laura Lynn on Rumble https://rumble.com/search/video?q=LAURA%20LYNN
Pat King on FB https://www.facebook.com/therealpatking
Odessa Orlewicz https://librti.com/
Chris Scott, Whistlestop Cafe on FB: https://www.facebook.com/whistlestoptruckstopcafe/
Read more about notTV HERE.
notTV – We’re like TV but we’re not TV